Friday, July 24, 2009

Items Cleaned Out of my Car Today in Preparation for Travel

  • 3 tennis rackets
  • 2 tennis balls
  • 1 basketball
  • 1 baseball
  • 1 soccer ball
  • 1 duck feather
  • 1 google map to Red Butte Gardens
  • 1 google map to a restaurant which no longer exists
  • 17 2nd grade assignments
  • 1 set of instructions for making a bee trap
  • 5 random computer wires (not cables--actual innards of a hard drive)
  • 2 combs
  • 1 hair tie
  • 1 doll's dress
  • 1 First Holy Communion certificate
  • 3 pennies
  • 10 rupees
  • 1 laniard
  • 2 ace bandages
  • 1 cd bearing x-ray images of Ovi's collarbone
  • 2 stuffed animals
  • 4 books
  • 2 Canyons School District brochures (highly disorganized district so far, btw)
  • 4 dirty socks
  • 1 dirty school uniform shirt
  • 1 pair of really dirty shorts
  • 1/2 plastic egg
  • 1 superball
  • 1 flashlight key chain
  • 1 birthday card
  • 1 bunny shaped eraser
  • 4 pencils
  • 1 fairy princess magic wand
  • 1 fairy princess crown
  • 1 pink Eiffel Tower
  • 1 blue plastic ladder
  • 1 large VBS sign
  • 3 puzzle pieces
  • 1 book authored by one of my children
  • 1 Shakespearan Festival sweatshirt of unknown ownership (I guess it's mine now)
  • 1 hackey sack
  • 1 carabiner
  • 1 canvas Pearson bag
  • 3 water bottles
  • 1 Pokemon hat
  • 1 U of U alumni letter sent to me at my parents' house
  • 1 crocodile made out of sandpaper
  • 1 crocodile made out of a clothespin
  • 1 princess sticker
  • 1 rubber lizard
  • 3 regular bracelets
  • 105 jog-a-thon bracelets
  • 1 gigantic bag of garbage

All of which, now resides on my living room floor.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, these days are over for me now. And now, all the crap I pull out of my car is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Our car is not quite that full, but we only have one child. I especially like the animals made out of different things. Nice. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This list is like a found poem. Have a good trip to Vegas! Remember, what happens in Vegas must go on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, what happens in Vegas goes on the blog. And what happens in the Vortex also needs to go on your blog. Enjoy your trip too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could I have that rubber lizard? I really like rubber lizards.

    ReplyDelete